11 December 2008

The best Americans can be imports.

A military jet malfunctioned, the pilot ejected and landed in a tree, horrified by the possiblity someone had been injured. His plane had indeed crashed into a San Diego residence, killing all the occupants — a mother, her two little girls, and the girl’s grandmother.

Earlier that day, a neighbor saw Dong Yun Yoon kiss his wife and baby goodbye in the driveway as he left for work. “I saw their last kiss. I thought ‘what a beautiful sight,’ and later in the day they were just gone.

Here are the words of a man who has lost everything:

"It was God's blessing that I met her about four years ago. She was a lovely wife and mother. She loves me and babies. I just miss her so much. I cannot believe that they are not here right now. I know there are many people who have experienced more terrible things. But, please, tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do."

In his expression of bottomless grief he notes that other people have suffered more?

This gentleman is a saint.

But wait, there’s more. He still had the capacity to be concerned for the pilot.

"Please pray for him not to suffer from this accident. He is one of our treasures for the country. I don't blame him. I don't have any hard feelings. I know he did everything he could." 

This gentleman is a hero.

The destroyed home was a rental, and Mr. Yoon works as the manager of a "variety store." Not that insurance money would put this to right, but one imagines that there won't even be much insurance, if any.

If you want to do something for Mr. Yoon, here’s a contact:

Mr. Dong Yun Yoon

c/o Rev. Kevin Lee

Korean United Methodist Church

3520 Mount Acadia Blvd

San Diego, CA 92111

0 chimed in: