25 December 2008

A Very Crusty Christmas.

The family is pretty scattered, so we had Christmas a couple weekends ago. It's pretty much just the parents and me in town. 
I suggested we have a Very Jewish Christmas, meaning Chinese food and a movie. Nothing says "peace on Earth and goodwill to man" like watching James Bond blow the holy hell outta everything, and steamed dumplings.
But I don't really know what the plan is, so I'm killing the morning watching "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO on Demand, over coffee and a nice bowl of Irish oatmeal & barley, steamed with pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, almonds, and raisins. I'm wearing footie pajamas that were a gift from the Skymall catalogue.
This is my New Favorite Show. I've been laughing my ass off all morning. 
Favorite moments:
1. The Conchords are working on a women's toothpaste jingle:
Some women like men,
Some are les-bee-in.
Femident Toothpaaaaaaste...
2. Discussing feminism:
Jemaine: My father is a women's rights activist.
Bret: Your dad? Not your mom?
Jemaine: My mom? Oh no, no. Dad wouldn't allow that. No way.

0 chimed in: