24 May 2009

Ima sperymentin.

Beloved is a foodie, but not a coffee drinker. I'm a caffeine junkie to the point that I sometimes travel with a tiny package of coffee and a little french press because I'm unwilling to risk the miserable headache if I miss my fix.
At Beloved's behest, tonight I'm cold-brewing coffee for our experimental consumption tomorrow morning.
I've done some research, and although I was not told there would be any math, I believe that with my equipment: 1 1/3 c. ground coffee in 2 2/3 c. water, soaked overnight in a 1 liter french press, should produce a coffee concentrate that can then be diluted for drinking at a 1:4 to 1:6 ratio.
If this goes awry, with any luck I'll also be able to quickly calculate a trajectory which will allow me to take advantage of the moon's gravitational force to slingshot me back into fucking reality.

1 chimed in:

Leigh Anne said...

Well, it seems Beloved didn't kill you, so the cold-brew must have worked out, math nonwithstanding.